I hate fish...
OK, let me go through the clarification phase before I continue: I eat sardine, mackerel, tuna, sprat, salt fish, pink salmon, and red herring. So what I don't eat is 'regular' fried fish.
As I was saying, I hate fish. The smell of fish makes me sick, the taste of fish makes me sick, the bones in fish make me sick. Fish just sucks. Now, coming from me, that's really strange. I'm an island man- half of my family is from a place where fish is the norm, and is loved by all. My father loves fish, as does my mother. My sister can tolerate it. But apparently the tolerance ran out before my parents had me, because I can't stand it.
I sit in my staff lunch room everyday watching people eat fish. Outside of how messy the meal looks before consumption, I marvel at what a waste a fish meal actually is. When they're done eating, there's a pile of bones and scales and abstract remains that's bigger than the untouched fish. Is that meal actually filling? Does it feel rewarding to have to eat as if performing surgery? I mean, you have to stop every two seconds to remove some unwanted part from your mouth (and to prevent bones from ripping your gums open).
That may sound petty. But to add to all that, I just think it tastes really bad. Eating that stuff is like a chore for me, and for that reason, I haven't had fish in about a decade. I'm a chicken advocate. Maybe one day I'll become a fish advocate too... Ha ha, I crack myself up!
4 comments:
1) Fishing is a way of life for many lower class J'can citizens, so eating fish is supporting the less-fortunate.
2) Fish is somewhat healthier than many of the "red-meats" that we consume so regularly (depending on who you ask anyways).
3) I hate the scales and bones, etc, but which thing u ever know that good and not have some drawback. eg, Buckleys...need I say more?!
Salt water fish fi mi moooooonnnnneeeeey!!!!!!
That's cool, there are many other types of fish to eat
This is very interesting site...
»
Post a Comment