February 17, 2006

Bite Size 13

Blow the trumpet! The triumphant return...

¤¤¤ What tha... ¤¤¤
-------------------
The English language is littered with phrases used as compliments. 'She's hot', 'You're the man' and 'What a dish' are a few. And then there's the really odd one, 'You're the s**t'. Apparently, we don't think about it too much, but seriously, when did a comparison to excrement become a compliment???

¤¤¤ Dramatic... ¤¤¤
-------------------
Somehow several bottles of Cherokee water, a water brand from the U.S., made it into our home. I read the label the other day, and on the bottom it says, "May our legendary water bring you good health and happiness." Come on people! You're selling water, not viagra!

¤¤¤ Vacation time... ¤¤¤
-------------------
Sign that you're spending too much time in front of a computer: Yesterday I was having a chat with Mrs. Seeker. I was crouching on the ground beside her as she sat in a chair. My knees began to hurt so I needed to sit. In an effort to get her to make a little space for me on her seat I said, "Scroll over."

¤¤¤ And the moral is... ¤¤¤
-------------------
Dick Cheney got himself in trouble on the weekend when, while on a bird shooting trip, he accidentally shot Harry Whittington, a 78-year-old lawyer. Now, for the moment, disregard the fact that maybe 80-year old men shouldn't be firing guns when they can't tell the difference between a bird and a human body. The greater lesson here is, you shouldn't go shooting with every Tom, Dick and Harry!

Four will do for now.

3 comments:

Rae said...

hehee. love them all, but the last one is my fav.

Anonymous said...

Oh you're tooo funny. hehe

laroper18 said...

:)