I have to travel on quite a few buses when I'm heading home from Kingston. There's an obvious downward progression in level of comfort in the buses, from the time I leave Kingston. This is yesterday: In Kingston, I travel JUTC, which means I get my own seat of I have to stand while holding on the railing. By the time I get to Spanish Town I have to squeeze myself into a minibus with four persons per row. When I switch buses in Ocho Rios, the bus is so fun that the conductor has to stick his ass out the window to fit in the vehicle.
----------------------
Last night I went for dinner at KFC. Just after I paid for my meal, a gentleman, clad in ragged dirty clothing, began to approach the cashier as she said "Next person cashing!" But when she said that, he moved down to the other end of the counter. He then became very angry when the cashier dealt with the customer who was behind him in line, forcing her to explain to him that 'next person cashing' means that she's ready for the next person in line, and not that customers most go to the next cashier. He never agreed. Poor ting. To be fair to him though, I can see a town person doing that too.
----------------------
I had to walk to KFC. Just as I made it unto main street, I got a good laugh. There was a really large, unmonitored cow, strolling up main street. Now that's country for you!
2 comments:
Hey, truth be told, we get the cows in town too. :-D
P.S. Love the pics at the foot of the page. :-)
Post a Comment