November 03, 2005

Nostalgia

I long for its simplicity;
That floating freedom that overcame my body,
That I gave in to, never once regretting
The good-natured laughter, even tears of the spoilt.
Memories entrenched forever,
Wishing that in some Divine twist of fate,
Those memories would once again come to life,
Removing me from this time and these trials.
Perhaps I wish for too much,
Yet seldom can I convince myself to forfeit my dreams;
Dreams of a time when waking was never a chore,
And sleeping was a responsibility.
Fun was around every corner,
And if it wasn't, it would be created by our imaginations.
Knowing that little was on our shoulders
Though ignorant, was lovely.
And though time has progressed steadily,
And with it, new, bigger and better things emerge,
I fail in conquering the need to look back, to be back,
To feel the freedom of yesterday.

3 comments:

Rae said...

*sigh* the good ole days.

nice one.

Anonymous said...

This is why despite aging each year (as I am forced to) part of me maintains my childlike innocence and sense of wonder, so every now and again I can slip away to another time.

Sweet Simone said...

In the rush to grow up it seems i let the best time of my life pass me by in a hurry :(. i should have been warned.