July 03, 2005

Into My Ear

I've found my escape
That soothing sound
That sweet melody
That recurring beat
I find myself in a desolate place, all alone
Yet I've never felt so relaxed, so unperturbed
As the sounds flow into my ear

I've found my companion
Into the depth of my soul
It flows to all corners
Removing all the tension
Replacing it with a mellow, unfailing hum
My world has never before felt so tranquil
As the sounds flow into my ear

I've found my content
I feel the tears approaching
But not because of sadness
Or anything vaguely parallel
But rather because never would I have fathomed
That something so intangible could be so moving
As the sounds flow into my ear

2 comments:

Rae said...

i felt this through and through. wicked

Anonymous said...

Love this one Adrian. Touched me deeply in that way that only musicians can get.