November 09, 2009

Is This A Stable?

I'm truly sick of false hair. Where'd this obsession come from? Why is that women don't feel content unless their hair is flowing down to their asses? Where did this insecurity come from?

When I was a lot younger I had similar questions about hair straightening. In my ignorant mind, creaming hair was something black women did so that their hair would be long and straight and flowing like white women's hair. I soon learned that black women got very frustrated with the level of maintenance their 'nappy' required, and as such straightening hair, beyond it's stylistic appeal, also had practical benefits. I have not been able to get any similar explanation for the false hair.

I know some women, in particular those with really short hair, get frustrated with what their hair can't do. Plus, maybe they don't feel quite as 'hot' when their hair suddenly tops out at their ears. As such, they add a few inches and feel less insecure. But what I'm seeing these days isn't 'a few inches'. Instead, I'm convinced that some of them use their false hair to double as a scarf, or as a rope for their incarcerated boyfriends to climb down. When I see some of the on the road, I'm not sure whether they'll say "hiiiii" or "neeeigh"! It's ridiculous!

And if it wasn't enough that these women insist on having this unnaturally long hair, the issue is compounded by the unnatural appearance of the strands. Think of what your hair would look like if you took a tub of Kiwi Shoe Polish and polished and shined each strand of your hair, one painful strand at a time. You could place some of these women in front of a cave, and the hair would light up the place. You could put them on the ceiling of a club and save money on the disco ball!

Is this hair sexy to somebody out there? Is it in any way appealing? Don't these women look in the mirror and feel a little strange? Does anything click to them? Anything?

I needed to get that out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No rude comments from me today... I agree whole-heartedly :D

d-steela said...

i know some girls who find some really good false hair. I dont mind that at all cuz i cant tell the difference... but the others..