I haven't written in a while, so now I've decided to write a post... let's see where it goes.
Isn't it funny how things get shaken up when your life takes an unexpected turn? My blogging was brought to a dramatic halt soon after I went down on one knee. To be honest, there's no real physical correlation between the two - I still have my computer and internet access, I don't really have any less free time that I did before, but suddenly, my frame of mind seems altered, and there's not that urge to write as there was before. I've felt like this before, and the feeling has passed each time, but I find myself feeling this way more and more as the months go by. A year ago I couldn't foresee a time when I'd stop blogging; now, I can see that time coming any day - even tomorrow.
That's how life is generally, isn't it? Priorities change, interests change, lifestyle changes... and it's hardly ever predictable. I try not to attach myself to too many things at once, because I realize that there's mortality in everything. In a sense, that's where passion comes in; we all know that we're bound to lose everything one day (morbid, I know), so we have to decide what we're willing to hurt over.
Some of us hurt over fashion- we get attached to our clothes, and our jewelry, and become very distressed when our favourite little pink blouse gets torn (right, Seeker? You've been there.). Other's get attached to social activities- one day a single man becomes married and has to give up his bar-going habits... and then he gets bitter and clings to guns or religion (if you've been following Obama you'll get that joke). Others of us hang onto people.
I'm definitely one to hang onto people. Relationships of of paramount importance to me. That said, I have had my share of disappointments as friendships have gone south many times. As it relates to my love life, I've been fortunate through my life to have avoided any real casualties. But Ive seen many a casualty around me. Given what I've seen, I can understand why some people avoid serious relationships like the plague... It's alot easier to hang onto other things which are less likely to cause pain or stress. But I'm willing to take the risk with people, because i think the risk is worth it.
The truth is, people, like clothes and jobs and investment schemes, come and go. For me, the healthy way to go is to always fight hard for the things you value, yet always be prepared to let things go. Change is inevitable.
4 comments:
"Change is inevitable". Can't tell you how true that is at this present time and how I am trying and learning to embrace that.
Seeker has a pink blouse??
I've never seen it!
Dude, you're holding out on me man! :D
Just as I'm about to settle into my new role as a Lurker, I came by to lurk on your site only to be shocked back into my commenter role (not back to blogger as yet).
Whadya mean about since you got down on your knees. You proposed? What? Wow! I guess congrats are in order.
And what are you talking about you might not blog any more? What??? I'd miss you. Even though I can't seem to find it in me to write a post, I like to come by every few months and read the posts of my favourite bloggers.
You can't stop blogging, especially if you're getting married, even more things to blog about now :)
Take care A.
CityGirl (can't even remember my blogger log in)
Life is about changes, can't stop it, can't predict it, we just need to know how to handle it when it comes.
Post a Comment