Sleep = rest. And that doesn't just mean that the body gets rest, it also means the mind takes a load off... so much so, that when you wake up, it's as if the mind needs to reboot (obviously I'm not talking in medical terms - that's for BB or TB). So as you wake up, your mind reboots, and if you try to force the reboot process into a higher gear, you get less-than-desirable results. I am testimony to what can happen when the brain isn't allowed its time to power up...
Example 1 - when my reboot is incomplete, I tend to misinterpret loud sounds or where they're coming from. A few weeks ago I was at home (country), half asleep on a Sunday morning. My father tends to turn on the radio and listen to some religious music at about 6 on Sundays. But this particular morning, I arose to the soothing sounds of... Movado. I was in shock as to why my father would be playing that so loud (or at all), especially on a Sunday morning. As it turns out, the music was coming from the neighbours speakers. If I were wide awake, I'd have never made that mistake.
Example 2 - A loud sound woke me up one morning while I was on campus. I reacted very quickly, not taking the time to figure out what it was. In those days I would have my radio play through the night as I slept. I glimpsed up long enough to find the power button, and I turned the radio off. But the annoying sound didn't stop. Perplexed and stupid, I jumped out of the bed and yanked the power cord out of the radio. The sound persisted!
It was my alarm.
Example 3 - (My parents love this one) When I was younger, I woke up one night and needed to use the bathroom. I got up, went ahead and relieved myself and went back to bed. The next morning, an unusual smell led us all to my closet, which is apparently where my urine found a home that night.
Example 4 - This one is my favourite, because for me it's the most embarrassing one. A few years ago I was home asleep in the middle of the day. I heard a little commotion outside and realized that my parents had friends over. A few minutes later my father barges into my room and tells me I need to come meet his friends now. I slowly get myself out of bed, quickly wipe my eyes and stroll outside. My vision was still blurry. Anyway, a bright-eyed woman walks up to me and with the brightest smile says, "Hi, I'm Angella." I respond, "Thank you."
Give your body time to do its thing :-)
2 comments:
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We want more!!!! LOL!!! TOO funny.
Ya, I have a few of those moments myself. Possibly just as hilarious.
HEHE!!!
Post a Comment