Mean people aren't the only ones who say mean things.
I'm privileged enough to know a handful of people who have a positive outlook on absolutely everything. For them, it's not even an issue of the glass being half full- the glass is practically always full. I find that these people are rarely too perturbed by much, even when others may think they have much reason to be unsettled.
I sometimes wish their tolerance is a skill I was blessed with. It really does go a long way in facilitating peace of mind. Unfortunately, that's not me. I try to look pass things that aren't worth my time, but even that is a challenge at times. I definitely don't have the ability to look past bigger issues as a select few can.
I'm tempted to ask, who's right? Should I take a leaf from the book of the patient, or should I continue to be... miserable (as Seeker likes to call it)? Which is the 'right' way to go? And the answer is just as obvious as the question itself- there is no 'right' way. There's just the way that works for you.
The problem with my way is that it causes me to think and say things that I perhaps shouldn't. Case in point- last week a coworker pissed me off; she didn't really do too much but be herself, but that was enough to piss me off (let's face it- we don't click with everyone). The problem is, she said something to me that made me even more pissed off, and then I vented to a friend... a very mean vent... At the end of it my conscience was a little unsettled. Afterall, she is who she is, and why do I need to be mean (albeit behind her back) because I don't like who she is? What right do I have?
Truth be told, I'm not a mean person. But when I'm pushed by whatever factors, I think mean things. Occasionally, I say these mean things. I suppose it would be somewhat superhuman of me to not think bad things about others. But some people seem to do it. Or is it that they're simply better at hiding their true feelings?
Perhaps the 'positive' ones are really just the bigger hypocrites...
2 comments:
Don't knock yourself for being human.
LOL. So after all that you end by trying to find faults in the positive people to make you feel better...
MEAN!
Post a Comment