September 27, 2006

The Shake-Up

My biggest challenge as of late has been that of balancing my time...

I've somehow managed to find myself living in a state of monotony. Sometimes I'm not entirely sure if things were any different in the years prior to this... In fact, I think I've lived in that state of monotony for a while; however, at that same time I'd also lived in a state of ignorance, so the monotony really didn't matter.

Something shifted the stars out of line recently, and I've now found myself rejecting that state of monotony... It's not that my life has changed- it's that I have changed. I've changed very suddenly and unexpectedly, and now I'm seeing everything in my world from a different angle. For one, I'm thinking more. I much less accepting of everything people tell me is reality. There were always grey areas, but there were also some black and white regions which should never have been neutral. That's starting to change.

Lately I've wanted to do more with my time, and I've become alot less tolerant of things that occupy a lot of my time (at which point some of you say "OH! That's what that's all about!"). Life's too short to limit myself to X, Y and Z, when in reality the whole alphabet interests me. Some things must get priority, I'll admit, but the level of priority is now in question in a way it never was before.

I find myself wanting to shake things up a bit. I've said in a previous post that I can't see myself just living blandly, existing in a world controlled by my work life. I've made so many friends over many years, and because of the cell-phone era I haven't been in contact with them (it's ironic that a device which should enhance communication has done quite the opposite). Everybody has the 'no credtit' excuse now. I'm tired of hearing it... from myself and from others. People need to stay in touch... how else will the world go round? I think I'll get a 'homefone' soon. I think I need to link up with people more, do something different. Time for some originality, dammit!

I haven't written a post in almost 2 weeks. It's not because I've had no time, it's because I've thought of little to post about... Now that I consider it, maybe my life HAS gotten a tad more monotonous... Let the shake-up begin!

1 comment:

Rae said...

I find this post motivating for some reason. Thanks for sharing BC.

rumble and roll!