Work and study sucks. And I’ve been sucking at it.
It’s a bit difficult for me to adjust to this new way of life. Work for 8 hours, get home, eat, study until bedtime, then do it all over again the next day. This is what is required of me as I begin my quest for professional certification. But I have not been putting in the hours required and as such, I fear that my quest is going to get off to a bad start. I have about 3 weeks to prepare for my exam, and I’m far from ready.
I’m amazed at the number of people who have been able to live this way, some for many years of their lives. Because I’m of the opinion that one’s life should never be surrendered to work, I find myself in a difficult spot. As I said to Seeker last night, it’s so ridiculous to me that if I go out and relax for a night (or a part of the night), I ultimately lose a whole night of study because I have to get sleep so I can be alert the next day at work. It’s just no way to live!
I know I’m supposed to look at it as a sacrifice I make for future success and comfort, but sometimes my shortsightedness takes full control of me, and my happiness tomorrow becomes more important than my success in 15 years. That’s something I need to get out of my system fast.
But the reality it, I’m tired when work is done, and I don’t want to be slaving over Weibull’s distribution. I just want to rest, relax, unwind, SLEEP! There just aren’t sufficient hours in a day. To make matters worse, I get a bit lazy, and that absolutely never helps.
What will help? Cod liver oil tablets? Pepsi? Red Bull? Unemployment?
2 comments:
Time. You'll get used to it, trust me.
I rate the lot of you. School is more than enough for me to handle right now. I too suffer shortsightedness, mainly because I'm not guaranteed tomorrow and so the idea of 'surrendering' completely to work doesn't cut it for me either. But who am I kidding... I've gone and qualified myself for a job that entails research, working on things long after the official 9-5... *sigh* Grand Master D, you'll have to show us all how it's done.
Post a Comment