I went on a pan playout in St. Catherine today. It was a high profile event- rich people, a special polo match, fancy vintage automobiles, the works. These are all things you don't see at your everyday event. The handwashing area was also somewhat rare to me.
Maybe it's underexposure, maybe it's ignorance- some pan people said they'd seen them before, whether in real life or on TV. I, however, had never seen them in any form. The whole 'structure' has 4 basins, one on each side. At the foot of each there's a pressure tap. To get water coming out of the pipe one has to pump the tap... not press it, but pump it. Sanitary, perhaps, but I personally thought it was a little silly.
I mentioned to the pan peeps how silly I found the sinks in bathrooms which only provide water when you're pushing on the tap with one hand. Stupid. So I figured I can get a patent on some smarter, more thought-out sinks designs. So indulge me... tell me what you think :-)
1. Let's start light- a sink that works like a washing machine. You press 'start' and slip your hands into the sink. It floods with soapy water that swirls ferociously. When that ends the water drains, and pure water floods the sink and swirls around. Then that water goes, and a strong hot fan turns on to dry your hands. At the end of the process, the sink floods with water and disinfectant to clean up before the next user.
2. The automated sink- "Please enter you bathroom account number..." "Please select your request: Options: Wash | Rinse | Dry..." "Please wait while your transaction is processed." "Thank you for washing with us."
3. The clean air sink- no running water involved. You stick your hands in, press a button, and a gas highly concentrated with hot disinfectant blows on your hands from all angles, giving you a clean feel, without the wetness.
And now, my favourite...
4. The hands-free sink- To get water running you pull a lever... using your mouth.
Tell me what you think. Worth the patent???
6 comments:
LOL!! I was with you right up until the last one.
Funny :)
Draw the prototypes and send them to the patent office. You may be onto something especially for hospital operating theatres. They are always looking for some hands free disinfecting means.
#4 had to be ur favourite. Ah Bwoy. i like #3 tho', BB is right u may be unto something.
IDLE!!!
I like #1, #2 sounds good for homes and possibly offices, #3 hmmm..., highly conc gas with hot disinfectant sounds frightening, #4 nahhhhhhh!
Post a Comment