December 28, 2005

Chapter 5, Final Page

In a few days I'll be moving house. This is my last week to savour my country life, and more importantly, to savour freedom.

I've tried to have my share of fun over the past few days- watching some 'new' movies (see Crash before you die, and hopefully a lot sooner), going to one very raunchy Christmas lyme which I almost couldn't attend, and defying my better judgment and going to Grand Market.

The ironic part about Grand Market this year is, despite all my ranting, and despite missing it lat year for the first time in ages, this year I stayed on the road until 4:30, which is the latest I've ever stayed. Go figure. But it was good to see people I haven't seen in many years. And I spent some time with my other half, which was great but bittersweet.

The lyme's another story. How thankful am I that I didn't miss that thing. I still believe that it was a criminal act to not allow cameras, because that night needed to be documented, even if it were to be vaulted afterwards. Stories you'll hear about the night won't do justice to it. Most people made serious effort to dress for the occasion, and though my effort was delayed almost to the final hours, my outfit came out rather well. On that note, special thanks to Sim D and Sim G for pushing me to get something together and showing me that it wasn't that difficult.

So what now? A few visits and some shopping, and a family trip to somewhere around the island, and then it will be off to Kingston. I'd be lying if I said I was completely excited. Outside of the sheer terror I feel about entering my first job, and the house hunting woes I've experienced, if you know me well enough you know another reason that the move doesn't exactly sweep me off my feet. But I suppose the key now is to be optimistic, about everything. This chapter's done, but a new one with brilliant prospects is waiting for me.

My 12 metal babies, here I come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We the Kingstonians welcome you back to this side. Hopefully, we can do our part to make the move a little less traumatic and a little more fun. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm Kelly,
from Taiwan,
and I'm 19 y.o

Hi, Girl and Boy
I've studied English sinse this Spring .
It's very difficult for Me! Really hard!
I would like like to meet boys and girls and practisice My English with them.

Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

DISCOUNT MEN'S HEALTH ONLINE!

Very Cheap Viagra, Lipitor, Levitra, Cialis, Propecia!

Buy Viagra Online

The Lowest Prices Online
Complete PRIVACY
Free Prescription with your Order
FedEx Overnight Shipping



Buy Viagra Online
Buy Online Propecia
Buy Lipitor Online
Buy Online Viagra
Buy Levitra Online
Buy Cialis Online



______

buy generic online viagra
Buy Cialis Online Outlook
buy viagra online
buy cialis online viagra
buy cheap online prescription viagra
buy levitra online viagra
where to buy viagra online

Anonymous said...

He said: "The lender in this case has not done anything which is unusual, it is standard practice in business and commerce."
The case continues.
--------------