October 08, 2005

Pas Seul

Our Pas de Deux had endured for long enough; I submitted that it was time to make a move. My predicament could see me finding a love like no other, or losing it all. The challenge was on. Not yet was I sure what my approach would be; I could write her a letter, or I could go down on one knee... Then again, there was no need to be so dramatic. I worked on my plan, attempted to pull myself together, and prepared for the release of my words, and my heart.

She sat beside me, as we exchanged charming conversation, looking into each others eyes all the time, being serious, and laughing, and everything in between. From the initial moments, in the back of my overheated mind I tried to remember the words I'd planned to unleash, and had rehearsed in days previous. But our present proximity proved too much for my already feeble nature, and all I could force my lips to do was utter meaningless words of old.

We said goodbye, and I immediately slapped my own head in shame and disgust for my lack of true confidence. Maybe it was a sign of me not deserving a woman as special as she is. Or maybe it was just a sign of how inconceivably greatly my emotions stirred for her each time the image and sounds of her entered my mind. Yes, that is it! This was too important and too precious for me to let it slip away. So once again I'd have to try to open my heart.

A phone call was easier to handle. Despite the distance, my legs still quivered under my body as if I sat on an iceberg. But somehow, amongst the minutes of gibberish I dished out, I managed to say that which had eluded me days before: "I really like you, and I'd like you to be my girlfriend." My quivering amplified as I awaited her response... "I like you too." And in an instant, two became one.

2 comments:

Rae said...

I love that you waited so long for a part 2 that I had to go back to the first one and enjoy it all over again.
I love that, unlike most sequels, this doesn't mar the first, but makes it better. sweet!

Bashmentbasses said...

Ok Rae!?!

I saw the knee part and thought you were growing up. Awwww well I guess in time.