Sometimes I talk too much. For somebody that's so appreciative of silence, sometimes I talk too much. Sometimes I drown other people out with my words and convictions, not because I don't value their points of view or because I necessarily think they're wrong, but more because I feel like all the ideas swirling around in my overactive cranium have to come rushing out, to prevent a nervous breakdown. 'Oh gosh, I forgot to say that!' Suck it up silly boy, the world's still spinning.
At times I talk so much that somehow some part of my mouth gets exhausted, and I struggle to get my words out, and I start to sound as if I was chugging down beers for hours. I develop the most annoying slur that's not always picked up by others. I start to feel retarded, but that doesn't seem to stop me. I just have to talk. I hope to myself quitely that I'm not offending anyone, that I'm not shoving my angelic ideals down their throats, that I'm not interfering with their right to speak as well. But sometimes, I can't help myself.
Other times I'm really quiet. I go off into a shell and my face morphs from one displaying excitement and interest to one of secrecy and depression... or so it seems at least. Sometimes there's so much going on up top that I don't know where to start, or how to start, or if it's appropriate to start, or if it even makes sense to start letting it out. So I don't.
Most times I get quiet when I need to digress, when I need to review my words and actions, when I need to come to a resolution as to how I've behaved. Self assessment is commonplace for me. I love to talk, but I hate to regret my talking. Other times I get quite when I want to think about something or someone from a more objective angle, from an angle that doesn't bear the burden of a bias based on looks or friendliness or good teeth (just kidding!). Then they're the times when I'm quiet simply because I think it's time to hold my tongue, to not allow myself to get carried away and say something stupid. Then, like anyone else, there are those times when I need to deal with whatever dilemmas arise, and try to find some solutions; it is then that I simply need to be with me.
In any case, my issue is, I think too much. Never do I plan to change.
6 comments:
An active mind is a great thing. Much better than an inactive one.
First of all, SOMETIMES u talk too much?! LOL just kidding. The truth is ur opinion is valued a great deal. U demand attention and respect everytime u speak, probably not intentionally, but in the way u speak so convincingly that others can't help but stop and listen to u. All that said, NEVER change:)
P.S. Everyone needs their quiet time to sit back and assess certain situations. I'm sure we've all been there.
Simone ad Rae covered it well. I also understand what you mean when your mind is just overactive, sometimes I have what feels like a million and one thoughts running in my head and I'm lucky if any 5 of them are about the same thing. And I babble when I get nervous or do something that I feel was stupid... I wish I could stop that. I've tried. oh well.
All basses know that all things uttered from their lips are worthy of being heard by all. Apologise not. Change not.
Yeah. Well, that happens to me too. My voice starts to sound monotonous to my ears and I become self-conscious and shut up. Oh well.
I blog so that I can talk to someone else other than my own brain. I keep quiet becasue I am busy talking to my on brain. Frankly it is tired of hearing me.
How did I read that second paragraph the first time without completely keeling over from laughter!! You talk so much your mouth gets tired?!? WOI!! Mi a ded!!! See me a laugh out loud inna di ppl dem work place.
Post a Comment