There's so much to see in this world that bores us. The problem isn't the world, but our appreciation of it.
When was the last time you sat and stared at the night sky, or the rolling hills, and forgot for a minute that you knew what was going on? Isn't it just spectacular?
I love driving on streets where trees arch overhead, on a sunlit day. I love the dampness of the early morning, and the rays peeking through the leaves. Too bad I don't get up early.
One of the reasons I love living outside of the city is the greenery... it's such a pretty picture to see the lush flowing mountains. Who knew that an abundance of one colour could be so attractive. But even in the city (Kingston) I love the background the mountains provide to the plain. It's a really surreal picture.
I love the sound of rain on the roof top, the smell of rain all around. I love going up on high ground and looking down on a vast landscape... whether there's sea below or not. I suppose that's why I love flying so much.
I love animals.
I love the lights of a city in the night, and the way the city landscape seemingly transforms as night turns to day.
I love the sky in the evenings, when the clouds turn orange or pink as the sun disappears behind the mountains or the sea. I love the sky on a moon-lit night as the moon peeps through an almost perfectly organized sheet of clouds.
But what I appreciate most, and quite surprisingly, is wind. Have you ever stood and watched the trees swaying, with nothing visibly touching them, just swaying, all in unison. Maybe you haven't, because you like most people know what wind is and are too accustomed to it to really pay attention to it. But watch next time. I think God gave us wind as a metaphor for his love. You don't ever actually see it, but it changes us and moves us in so many ways. This earth is a masterpiece.
(I wanted to add a pic of me jumping through a field of colourful flowers but I couldn't get it done. It would've fit so well, don't you think? :-) )
4 comments:
I think you mean "frolicking through a field". :-D Though I have difficulty picturing you doing that, I wholeheartedly agree with the rest. I often take a step back and watch life unfold around me in its wondrousness. Another thing I love to watch is people in all their uniqueness.
My friend I do that all the time. I have a slight problem appreciating ppl though (sorry B). Not that I can't but they piss me off s mch. Nature has never done that. Even an earthquake, a monsoon, a hurricane, a tornado all have some fantastic beauty despite their destructive potential.
GOD is GREAT!!!!
yup, nature is calming. I love it - in all it's aspects. There's even beauty in death.
sigh
to be out there running through the fields with u
This is real nice. A true reminder that the Earth really is beautiful. I shall do that wind thing... stop and watch it. I sometimes close my eyes when I stand in the wind because it feels so awesome, but I'll leave them open next time.
Post a Comment