It's been so long...
¤¤¤
Useless...
Ever marvel at these TV ads for medication that you could never use because chances are you're not eligible? "If you have asthma or other breathing problems, if you smoke, are pregnant or expect to be, diabetic, anemic, are prone to heart problems, black, white, male, female, tall, short, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, dead or alive, this drug is not for you. Otherwise, please consult your doctor before taking this drug." What a waste!
¤¤¤
Revenge...
One of the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, Rosa Parks, died recently after living a long, full, accomplished life. Most of us know Rosa as the woman that wouldn't get up out of her seat in the bus. But Gail put me unto something interesting- ever thought about that white man whose seat she wouldn't give up? Shouldn't he feel like crap now for letting down white people all over the world, and changing the face of racism and discrimination?... Ah well!
¤¤¤
Embarrassing...
I wish I had a picture... On UWI campus there's a male bathroom right beside the Pure and Applied Sciences Dean's office. In that bathroom there's a sign posted 5 or 6 times across the bathroom walks, urging the users to keep it clean. The sign says, "NOTICE: Please to flush the toilet after being used." And I got my degree at that school... sad.
¤¤¤
Distressing...
True story: I'm not sure if it's mating season now, but it was then (a few weeks ago), and I saw two dogs apparently attempting to mate... well, the male certainly was. But then I noticed two problems with the scenario: 1- the male was mounting from the FRONT! 2- the other dog was also MALE! Boy I tell you, the modern canine is nothing like they use to be. Them dogs are watching too much late night TV these days!
¤¤¤
Fool...
So I was 'somewhere' watching Wheel of Fortune the other day. The category was 'Same Name'. On the board already exposed was COMMERCIAL & SPRING BREA_. So just that one letter was left. Someone I know (kinda a friend) came out to the living room, saw what was on the TV and shouted BREAD!!!... Lawd... Nuh seh nutten else, jus' tek di sign!
... it's good to be back.
5 comments:
Along with those medication ads, I would like to bring up those where they try to scare the living daylights out of you so you don't take their pills. You know the ones where the side effects include headaches, ringing in the ears, swollen tongue, skin irritations, stiffness of joints, internal hemorrhaging, various organ failures, impotence, infertility, and death.
LOL!! trust me B. Not to mention the medications that give you back the same thing you're taking it for, like the diarrhea medication with a possible side effect of diarrhea! Bwoy I tell you.
The last one funny sah! Is who you hanging around so bassChocolate?? Tell dem no boda tek di sign down.
Remember, pharmaceutical companies are exporting to mainly litigious markets - they gotta protect themselves.
We already know that UWI don't hire graduates.
There's one ad out for genital herpes which says not to take if you're in the advanced stages of HIV/AIDS. Now my question is, if you're at death's door, in the final stages of a terminal disease is herpes really your biggest concern?!
DWL!! I chose the month with the most posts and decided to re-read a few, and after so long, these are still hilarious!!!!
Post a Comment