- I saw this ad on T.V. the other day for a new product. It's a solar powered floodlight. So basically, in the presence of the greatest light source that exists, the little thing will produce, well, more light. I can see it now (said in deep hillbilly accent)- "Bob, the sun's just not bright enough. Grab my flashlight out of the lil' tool box there, will ya?"
- At "Humanity Plaza" in New York City, volunteers are actively constructing houses from scratch, which will be sent in parts to the Gulf Coast and assembled there, so that Katrina and Rita victims can have homes again. Now, while I applaud the efforts of the volunteers and parties involved, is it just me, or is the concept of living in a hurricane devastated zone in a house that was sent from another state just not reassuring? Then again, I suppose if another hurricane comes along they can simply disassemble the house and move again!
- There's a billboard near Washington Boulevard in Kingston for a place called Butch Hardware. On the billboard are some hardware supplies (like paint), and there's also a woman with a hard hat on and a shovel in hand. The tagline on the billboard is 'We make them tough'. And the first thought that came to mind was, "No thanks, I prefer my women a little on the gentler side."
- You know when you're doing your thing on a toilet seat, and as something falls into the bowl, 'water' splashes up unto parts of your body, and you cringe and wish that you could just take a sharp knife and cut that part off! I think we're too developed for all that crap now. We've been on the moon, we've built underwater highways- isn't it about time that we build a toilet that doesn't allow anything to pop out of it?
- My mood has a soundtrack. Typically, when I'm sad, some sad slow song plays in my head. So a few days ago I was really sad, perhaps depressed, and you can imagine my amazement when I realized that the song playing in my head was 'It's Raining Men'!!! But then I realized, that actually made sense! Too many men around is a sad thing!
September 29, 2005
Bite Size 10
Another fresh serving...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ok, the last two mek it, especially the second to last one! funny stuff. true, but funny!!
Thanx for clarifying the raining men for me. I was taken aback. The toilet thing si just too ....... Yes I cringe too but never wanted to excise any part of me. I just want to bathe afterwards. I will wait on-line for that when it goes on sale.
It's funny the inventions we think up when sitting on the throne.
"It's Raining Men" now has a totally new meaning to me since the Christmas Lyme 2004. Once mentioned, certain images come to mind that has me dying with laughter. So maybe ur subconcious was trying to cheer u up this time.
I agree! too many men is a sad thing.
How on earth do you keep coming up with such gems Blogger? Doesn't seem to matter how much time you spend on provida weightloss and everything that goes with it, there is always something else to learn, isn't there? Fascinating stuff!
How on earth do you keep coming up with such gems Blogger? Doesn't seem to matter how much time you spend on and everything that goes with it, there is always something else to learn, isn't there? Fascinating stuff!
We live in a world where weightloss infomercials is real, whether we like it or not. And posts like this post remind us of that. Along with the thought that maybe, just maybe, there is a solution or an answer that we could not only live with, but positively embrace. Any takers?
Blogger, u r doing great work. Keep it up. I was so inspired by this - just what we cravings and yo-yo dieting people need.
Post a Comment