The content expressed here is a collection of my own views and the views of people I have been around in the past two weeks. I wish to point out that stories recalled, though they may seem familiar to some, are not necessarily about you (though some are). Dammit, think what you wanna think!
Diversity is a spectacle. While in Kingston I had the chance to be in different circles, around different people in and outside of pan, and basically heard them talk about other people. And in the end I compiled mainly crap and contradictions, with a little sense thrown in here and there.
It's funny when you have different groups of friends who look at the same person in completely opposite ways. I remember about 6 or 7 years ago when a friend of mine spoke of this girl that he 'couldn't stand' because she grinned with him too much. Turns out the girl was my best friend at the time; he didn't know this.
The stories I got this time are similar. From the girl who would have a man if she 'loosened up a little' to the suspicious looking 'friends', to the person that's supposed to be nice but is just annoying, and the list goes on. It helps to hear all these different perspectives sometimes because we all at times make up our minds about people before we really know who they are. But other times, the more we hear, the more crap we end up taking in.
Over the period I listened to it all, laughed, contemplated, separated the newspapers from the tabloids, and kept on going. For the most part, it didn't change my thinking very much.
In the end, the point is that you need to think for ourselves, know the company you wanna keep, know what you want to believe, know what you're willing to put up with, and live your life as you choose. It's impossible for us all to think the same, that's the spice of life.
2 comments:
For every view of a person most of us have been labelled such with or without our knowledge. I'll cuss ppl and I'll call them fat head and other colourful names and to their faces if given the chance, but what matters to me is if they needed help would I assist. If I find that I would, then I have no real problem with them and my observations of their differences are like a single poop on a hill side.
Mout mek fi talk an belly fi run.
"For every view of a person most of us have been labelled such with or without our knowledge."
Ain't that the truth.
Post a Comment