I sometimes think of myself as an irrelevant blip on a gigantic radar screen...
One in over six billion... wow! I aimlessly walk the streets, or sit and stare at my television set, or read the papers, taking in all the different faces, the different people in different places, the hundreds of cultures, the thousands of countries, and it all does little more than make me feel, well, little.
I sometimes think of myself as a relevant part of- something?...
I'm not sure what actually. Well there are people I care about that care about me, responsibilities that rely on my diligence (well, not too many), things that I'm apart of that make me whole. So I'm important, right? Well, that trail of thought keeps getting hopelessly sidelined by the fact that they're so many people who could say the same, or have done more, and been involved in more, and are loved and respected by more.
Damn, maybe I'm not so important afterall.
Why can't I be like a Bush (well, maybe not Bush), or a Pope, or a Lara, or a Frank Sinatra, or a Malcolm X, someone whose name will stand the test of time; someone who, when they die, is not just buried, remembered by a few for a while and then forgotten, but whose names lives on, and for good reasons? Why can't that be me? Will that ever be me? I'm so... unspecial... there are so many people, billions past and present, just as insignificant as me.
I deserve to die, I'm not important enough to live, it's not like any real mass will notice I'm gone anyway. But wait... what if all us 'unspecial' people did that... what if we all just died, little by little, day by day. Then, 6 billion would change to 5, then to 4, we'd leave the billions and head into millions, and then thousands, and then hundreds, and then, just a few. And just like that, the 'significant' of us are reduced to mere mortals with no entourage and no followers. Then the significant will become, well, like me.
Damn, maybe I'm not so unimportant afterall.
3 comments:
You are a BASHMENTBASS!!!! That will live on. I don't remember the faces of the fans who congratulated me but they remember me. I saw a sea of faces enjoying our performance. They saw a few band members and focussed on those that caught their eye.
Sometimes our reality isn't. Make each day count and you may achieve worldwide fame, but you're sure to leave a lasting impression on more than you know. They may never tell you but never discount it's existence.
YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME!! :D And don't u forget it! We all get the feeling that we r just another face in the crowd, but u'd be surprised how great an impact we actually have on at least one person
I really like this post. The realization that the more popular among us is only a result of the existence of those less popular, brings everyone down to the same level, which is right where we're supposed to be. Nice!
Post a Comment