July 08, 2005

PAW, Part II

In People Are Weird (PAW), I spoke of a very good friend who kinda ditched me when the circumstances of his life changed. It was almost a year since I really spoke to him. Today, he added me as a messenger contact.

I don't know if at many points in my life my mood had done a 180 qite like this one. I wasn't up to dealing with him. He proceeded to say hello, and give me a little background on what he's up to. For about 5-10 minutes I sat and watched his words pop up on the screen without making any response. Finally I got myself to say, "Maybe I'll figure out what to say next time." Somehow he managed to get me responding by asking questions I wasn't so averse to answering. We didn't get into how things fell apart, mainly because I didn't want to. He did apologise for everything, and I said 'OK'.

My words from the PAW are, "Were it not for the fact that I've come to terms with the fact that people are weird, I might not have taken it so well." It's amazing to me that, all these emotions of anger and hurt came rushing back to me the second I saw his name on the computer screen. I became angry again, in fact more like furious. I wanted to scream at his, yet I didn't wanna say a word. Rae points out to me that the fact that I'm this upset goes to show how much I still value his friendship. She's very right. I suppose that's why it hurts so much. Additionally, there was never any real closure.

A part of me knew this day would come eventually. I wasn't ready for it. I don't feel like talking anymore. Take care of the people who mean something to you.

1 comment:

Bashmentbasses said...

A friend of mine just dropped all of us back in Ja cold turkey as if we were a bad habit. For years I have tried to keep in touch. Sometimes he answers most times not. His family has been through much and I wanted to be upset with him but know he was going through so much. I want to be there for him but he just won't let me.

I valued that friendship and even now it makes me very sad to remember how it slipped from me just like that. You'd think we were married or something. That core grp meant so much to me.