July 10, 2005

Damn You Motherbloggers!

Has it occurred to you how dependent you have become on your blog and the blogs of others? How many days do you visit the net without checking your family of blogs? And how many times have you come off the net disappointed that you have no new material to read?

That's certainly the case for me. In fact, my internet experience has become largely 2-dimensional, with the 2 dimensions being MSN Messenger and blogger.com. I know people write for different reasons- for me, writing has always been a release. I remember times in years past when I felt so frustrated for whatever reasons, that I couldn't consider going to bed without putting something on paper. Other times I'd just want to write to be able to look back on the paper and say, "You know boy, you have some talent... some!" That was some years ago. UWI stole the writing part of me. I hardly have anything in writing from the past 4 years. I have a data bank that I used to write in so often that I'd have to delete old items to free up space on it. The last entry in it was probably made a month after going to UWI, and I remember that I had to force myself to write that entry. My dear data bank isn't even working anymore, temporarily anyway (?); it's needed batteries for a good couple years.

It's good to be back in my regular writing habit. Half of the time it doesn't even matter if anyone chooses to read. I try not to be abstract or confusing when I post but sometimes when I really need to get something out I don't care how abstract it seems; afterall, I'm doing it for me.

However, it's good sharing your thoughts/experiences with others, and viewing their ideas as well. It's interesting how our perspectives can differ, yet we think alike in some fundamental ways. We like to believe sometimes that we go through unique experiences, only to find out that someone else feels what we feel, sometimes to the point that it seems like they stole the words from our heads. It's all these reasons that make blogging so meaningful to me, and why I value reading other blogs... at the same time I feel like I've become imprisoned by my need to read and write each day. And for that reason I say, damn you motherbloggers!

6 comments:

Bashmentbasses said...

I too found that I was hooked on blogging. And was surprised when others had my thoughts, especially when I was waiting on the opportune time to post a thought and saw someone beat me to it.

I was checking 3 times a day to see if anyone changed anything or added anything.

Then I was hooked on fixing up my blog and now..... There's a lull. And my own mind shuts down on me and I disappoint me.

laroper18 said...

Maybe like everything else this too shall pass...maybe not.

Blogging seems to be a way for people to get to know what really goes on inside, and helps to build and nurture the expressive side. At least (to an extent) for me...

Anonymous said...

I naw lie..

I live for reading unno blogs. I get really sad when there's nothing for me to read. So stop whining and just wwrite, write, write

Remember your not in tis for yourselves.

hehe

Anonymous said...

I know for me the blogs have been the easiest way to keep in touch. Some of my fellow bloggers I don't see online much and so this way I get to hear what's on their mind. I feel very disconnected when I can't keep up with the blogs.

As for mine, it is mostly for me because I had my site already so this was just an additional way for me to get stuff up there but at the same time, I do write bearing in mind that it will (may) be read.

Anonymous said...

I can relate Bass. I've become addicted, think I need to do something about it.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
»