It takes a lot to get me really bored. Despite how dull things have been since May 15, I can't say there have been many points at which I've been 'really bored'. But two of such point occurred very recently: Saturday night and Sunday night. I left pan on Saturday knowing that for the rest of the night I was gonna be a restless pig. And so I was. I walked around like a zombie from 'Land of the Dead', waiting for something to do, someone to pop up. It never happened. Eventually I watched some cable.
Sunday night was even more interestingly dull. Things got so bad i went to sleep at 10:30; anybody that knows me well enough knows that that's unheard of! Bedtime for me is not usually before 2am.
I realized that, in the absence of company, I wanted to go online. At least there'll be a few blogs to read, and maybe even some people in messenger. That was not to be, because I had no internet access.
In the end one thing was clear. Yes, there are cinemas, and games rooms, and bars, and malls, and bright lights all over Kingston, but in the end it's the people I care about most. Whether home or away it's the people around me that always make my day. I just wish I could ship some of my friends closer to home, so I wouldn't be bored so often. Being along sucks.
2 comments:
I know you don't think it - but it could be worse. You could be surrounded by 'friends' and family and still feel alone. At least you know that come a day or two there will be relief.
Chin up - bashmentify yourself!
Next time u come up plan the whole weekend. Leave no space. And fill ur time with lots of friendly faces :D
Post a Comment