These stories just fell into my lap. I had to do this again.
¤ I in no way mean to sound condescending here. That said, the National Association for the Deaf (U.S.) has launched a complaint/law suite against American Idol. Apparently, during one episode the telephone numbers displayed in the TV closed caption for the respective contestants were missing a digit, and thus deaf callers did not voted correctly. OK, maybe I'm missing something, but why do DEAF people get to vote for SINGERS? "She has nice lip movement, let's vote for her!" Weird.
¤ There's nothing I love more than strong presence in a movie. Burt Reynolds has a presence. I watched the first part of the original 'The Longest Yard' tonight. Burt plays the role of Paul Crewe, the role which Adam Sandler plays in the remake (which is out in theatres tomorrow). Whether Adam can live up to Burt's macho bravado is still to be seen, but maybe he won't have to. Anyway, at the start of the movie Paul (Reynolds) takes his girlfriend's car from her, and crashes it continuously while running from the police. He gets out of the car and sends it into some body of water. Eventually the police catch up to him:
Policeman: "Why'd you dump her car in the bay?"
Paul: "I couldn't find a carwash."
Classic.
¤ I’m not a drinker. But I do like Smirnoff (Red) Ice. I haven’t had Black Ice, but most people I’ve spoken to don’t like it. Tonight I got creative… I poured a whole bottle of Black Ice into a big jug, added a pack of Flavour Aid, and made me a drink to go with dinner. Question: Can I consider that my first mixed drink??? :-)
¤ Don't you hate when people ask dumb questions. Yes, it's not always intentional, but you can't help but think "Grow a brain my friend." Here's an all too common example:
Person 1: "So, you had a baby!"
Person 2: "Yes I did."
Person 1: "Is it a boy?"
Person 2: "No."
Person 1: "A girl?"
Person 2: "Whatever it is, I hope it's a whole lot smarter than you!"
¤ On TVJ news today, Deputy Mayor of Mandeville Sally Porteous (thanks for the name Bashment Berry) argued that many people in
And those are my 5 little nibbles.
8 comments:
*I refuse to believe that anybody went on national Television and said that.
*Flavour aid and Smirnoff Ice???????
Waaaaay too much time on your hands.
*The response to stupid Questin is: "Heres your sign"
It was on the midday news, prime time news, and news at 10. TVJ obviously loved it.
Yes it's your first mixed drink. What ever you put together is your mix. Or was this one of the questions you were talking about? If it's unlicensed and you have it in your position, the law says you are a criminal. How does licensing all guns cut back on crime?
No, Hayden, the mixed drink question is not one of the stupid questions :-)
Cho yah, dem sue you if you buck yuh toe and fall pan dem nice clean pavement. And worse, watch and see if the deaf people dem don't win dat deh suit. mad as shad!
Just as nice as the last four bites. I've got my fill.
How does licensing all guns cut back on crime? Cause then you get less people being charged for unlawful possession of a firearm. Crime statistics would go way down. Just like if you legalize weed then you get less people being charged for drug use. Hell while we're at it why dont we legalize murder.
Just goes to show her line of thinking is waaay off...
And by the way, if you have a gun and criminals know this, it will make you MORE of a target. So I dont know what she talking bout.
Love the bite size :)
I hear summer jobs are available.
1) Americans have much more money than sense, so they will sue for foolishness(and sadly win)!
2) Classic indeed.
3) NO comment!!!
4) WE do it all the time...sometimes we just realise it.
5) I would say she watch too much TV and she need to analyze her mental stability. Obviously she likes the idea of "license to kill" by all and sundry.
Post a Comment