The best of drivers do the dumbest of things on the road- cutting people off, swerving impulsively, being a little less careful than he should. It all happens all the time.
Persons with road rage are perhaps least forgiving of these road sins. I don't understand road rage much, I suppose because it really isn't a common thing in Jamaica. But this morning I got my first taste of it.
On my way to work this morning I was verbally attacked for about 5 to 10 minutes by the driver directly behind me. Apparently he didn't appreciate the fact that I wasn't 'driving up'. He accused me of holding him up and making him late for work. All this wasn't helped by the fact that I allowed a driver from a more minor road to enter the road in front of me...
But crap... I forgot some important details- I myself was on a side road... In fact, I was in a single line of traffic, and about 30 cars away from making it onto the main road. It was bumper-to-bumper and we really had no place going. I encouraged him to "Fly over!". Frankly, I was the least of his problems. In fact, I really wasn't his problem at all! But like my last post said, some people are just idiots.
When our vehicles finally diverged, he parted with "Yuh ugly like", and I with an emphatic "GWEH!"
I hate being exposed to stupid people.
7 comments:
what? so y did u stoop to his level with the 'gweh'. i think the middle finger would have been more appropriate
In hindsight I had the very same collection of thoughts. I'll do better next time :D
lol yes road rage does get the best of us sometimes.. I have done a good job keeping my mouth closed though.
I think sometimes it's best to simply educate people in a mild and non-confronting manner. I do believe that some of these people are "ignorant" so educate them- not cuss them!
(Whosaah!)
Stupid people make me sick...My motto is that "everyone is stupid but me." That's why I stay my black as in the house.
Don't ever come to Texas, my brother. Forget "shooting the finger", these dumb bastards will literally shoot and kill you for some minor traffic violation. I just curse their dumb azz, with my windows up so they can't hear, and move on. It ain't worth my life. Damn Stupid People.
Bass, did you say road rage isn't a common thing here? Hmmmm.
I found his and your response quite funny though. hehe.
Post a Comment