Despite what Seeker believes (or, I admit, what he's been made to believe), a lava lamp is not a sex toy... That's just downright dangerous!
I do love them, though. And a part of me doesn't understand how it is that more people aren't attracted to them as much as I am. I don't quite remember what sparked my undying love, or when it developed, but by midway through University I insisted on having one.
My girlfriend bought me one for Christmas... a beautiful 32oz wizard lamp with blue oil and white wax. It was a wonderful sight, and I loved staring at it. Looking back at things, it's apparent to me that I was still somewhat obsessed with it long after I received it... that obsession indirectly caused its death...
One December, a year after I got it, I was moving out of my campus room for the Christmas holiday. The night before moving out, I decided I wanted to turn the lamp on for the night. It was a risky thing to do, because I knew it needed time to cool before I could move it in the morning. I did it anyway. Morning came, and I got to packing. My old roommate came by my room and offered to help me move the things to my father's car. I accepted the offer. He immediately moved towards the lamp. I asked him to be careful with it, and keep it upright. He took it up, and immediately turned it on its side.
It's never been the same.
I've had it back home gathering dust for a year now. But I was pleasantly surprised and excited when dear friend Sugar answered my recent cry with a Christmas gift- a brand new lava lamp! 8oz, purple oil with orange wax. My love for the lamps was instantly rekindled. You did good Sugar!...
As luck would have it, unfortunately, the new lamp isn't behaving very... new. The wax which should be active and mobile sorta just sits there in 'mid-oil', as if it's waiting to be poked. I figure it may have been knocked around a bit too much in shipping. So I'm sad about that...
But my love for the lamp is back in full force. I'm now going to see what can be done to fix... or maybe replace... both my lamps...
What better way to light a bedroom, right Seeker?
3 comments:
DWL!!!!!
Just remember to be careful and protect yourself at all times... Dont rush into getting one now, sometimes it is good to wait till the time is right and it will c ome to you.
Teeth and lava lamps (shakes head)
I used to have a lightning lamp, the ones with the huge bulb and plasma streams coming out from the center and ironically enough after a real lightning storm one day it was dead.
It is greatly missed, I understand your pain.
No better way to light a room at all! Hope you get a bigger and even better lamp!
Post a Comment