December 19, 2006

Say 'No' To School

Dear Editor,
I felt it my duty to bring to your attention some disturbing trends, in Jamaica and globally, and to offer one solution which addresses all these issues:
1. Gas prices are on the rise, as global demand increases.
2. Global warming and pollution concerns remain high on the world's agenda. For Heaven's sake, Al Gore did a movie about it!
3. The new American culture of school shootings and other acts of school violence has somehow leaked into our system. Now we encounter many of the same issues. Even security guards want a piece of the action.

Now for the solution. I believe we should close all public schools. Students are a nuisance, and have negative effects on our society. Think about the benefits of having no schools:
1. We would all save money on gas, because we wouldn't have to the little critters to school every morning, and back home in the afternoons.
2. Less vehicles on the road means less exhaust and thus less air pollution. Global warming issues would be reduced.
3. You can't have 'school shootings' if there are no schools.

If parents are really insistent that their children have an education, then they should consider home schooling. You know, they shouldn't even consider it... it should be made law! We should arrest and charge parents who insist on making our world a more depressing to place to live in by sending their children to school! We need to stop this madness NOW! I didn't go to school, and look how well I turned out!

OK... I will admit now that, even more important me, the main reason we should close our schools is that I wouldn't have to get up at 5 in the FREAKING morning, sit in traffic for 2 DAMN HOURS and still get to work LATE!!!

A Merry Christmas, and easy traffic, to you and yours.

I am, etc.,
Mr. b. Chocolate
adricey@blogspot.com
Kingston 8

3 comments:

Rae said...

I think you breathing in too much of that exhaust in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine has come up with the reason there's so much traffic on the road during school time: the children themselves drive to school.

So what happens is that when its holiday time, they don't bother to leave the house, hence the reduction in traffic.

Makes sense to me...... :D

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I was just discussing this just an hour ago. How early some people have to get up an d still barely manage to reach work at 8:30am