December 12, 2006

Action

Every now and again, you wake up, and you realize that life isn't in the state that you perceived it to be. And I'm not talking about the right job, or the perfect girlfriend, or financial prosperity... I'm talking about the simple things- the things that make us happy on a day to day basis. 'Deja Vu' seems to be the theme of the season... I keep waking up in the same bed to the same scenario that I thought I'd dealt with the last time around. But the mistake I keep making is that I keep doing the same things before bedtime each time.

I've spoken about it time, and time, and time again, and now I've finally decided to put my foot down. I've been going through alot more than people know, because I haven't told them. And it will probably stay that way, for varying reasons. But it hit me just how unhappy I've become, and it's the simple things that have made me realize that. One example- I haven't posted for about two weeks now, and not because I haven't had things to write about, but because I haven't been able to find the motivation. My head's obviously not in the right place.

The lesson here is fundamental- just do it. Don't tell yourself that you can't find away to be happy or that it's not possible. It always is. In life there are always choices. I'm finally ready to make them. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you luck dear.

I think I'm at a point to act too, re certain close friends.

2007 will have even bigger decisions.

We have to look out for us sometimes.

Miss Mel said...

Good luck, decisions are always tough and sticking by your decisions doesn't make them any easier. They pay off in the long run though.