October 26, 2006

Lessson of the Day

In the words of the wise Owen 'Blacka' Ellis, "Men need to learn how to understand women; women need to learn how to understand Cricket."

4 comments:

The Seeker said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!
Profound

Rae said...

LOL!! I hear you boss, I hear you

Anonymous said...

You know BC, this week I was in the bank and with nothing more interesting on the tv there, I was forced to watch the day's offering - boring cricket. I watched for a few minutes trying to make sense of it. I looked at the spectators and they were all caught up in the game, saw a myriad of emotions - joy, frustration. You'd believe it's World Cup Football, I thought to myself.

I remember that just a few months ago, I was in the same bank, urging the staff to encourage management to put in a second tv. How the hell did they expect the customers to watch the excitement that was unfolding on the screen, I questioned the harassed customer service rep. The solution was clear to me. Either get a second tv to put down by the customer service area, or position ALL activities in an area where customers will have full view of the tv screen. But that was football.

I watched some more and thought to myself. I must attend a cricket match one day. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll understand enough to actually enjoy the game.

Better still, maybe I should buy a book on cricket. Maybe Cricket for Dummies.

Bashmentbasses said...

BC start writing. Contact them to see if its still open and then make you some money. I'm serious though!!!