I have been trying to write something in particular for at least two weeks now. I've tried writing it several different ways- poetry, prose, parables- but none seemed to work. Finally, I've been forced to settle with this.
I've been struggling with this feeling for a while now... I get up early in the mornings, head to work, get wrapped up in the daily rigours of life. I interect with many people on a daily basis, because my job requires that of me. Out of one meeting and into the next. It's a constant rush when there are things to do; yet there are days, much like today, when I feel like I'm fishing for things to do.
Eventually, it's time to leave work. I get home, or I link up with friends, and we waste time on the road, or we practice pan, or we carry out some plan, whether it be going shopping or going to a fete or something else.
At some point every day I get home. I change into casuals, I turn on my PC, and I surf the net. I don't watch that much cable TV these days... most of the time I just wanna put my feet up in my bed. But I have JAG tapes in my room to keep me company anyway. I listen to the radio more than I used to, but still not that much. Every now and then I pop a CD in the player and enjoy some of my own music.
I may make a few calls, receive a few calls, or both. They aren't generally long calls, but it's always good to talk to people.
I prepare for work (polishing shoes, ironing clothes... whatever needs to be done). I do my bathroom routine, and then I'm in bed. I talk to God for a while.
Somewhere in between those last processes, I get to the point in the night that I'm at as I type. It's the point when I realize that, despite all the joys, the trials, all the events of the day that's near its end, I still have a feeling of emptiness. Somethings's obviously missing.
7 comments:
If you think carefully about it, you'll figure out exactly what's missing. I think normally when people say they feel empty they have an idea what will fill the void.
You're right Gela... I know exactly why I feel this void. Separation. Her name is...
Hope you discover it soon, 'cause I can relate. All the best :)
(8) that boy is sprung hooked...... (8)
And you call me whipped?
Bossman, spare me. Whipped is your thing. I'm in love :P
I have no Doubt you are, but Denial will get you nowhere
I'm glad you know.
Post a Comment