Etched in stone-
Life's clock will never waver
Yet I, in my ignorance
Traverse my existence
As if in my control
Are all variables, at all times
And I may recline
But the hands reminds me
That with each second given up
Each minute unused
An opportunity is lost
A challenge forfeited
Thus a sad consequence-
I accomplish nothing
I wish that somehow
Some faction exists
In the sanctums of my mind
That will soon rescue me,
Shine into my eyes, tug at my limbs
And remind me of certainty-
Time will never wait on me
Life's clock will never waver
Yet I, in my ignorance
Traverse my existence
As if in my control
Are all variables, at all times
And I may recline
But the hands reminds me
That with each second given up
Each minute unused
An opportunity is lost
A challenge forfeited
Thus a sad consequence-
I accomplish nothing
I wish that somehow
Some faction exists
In the sanctums of my mind
That will soon rescue me,
Shine into my eyes, tug at my limbs
And remind me of certainty-
Time will never wait on me
3 comments:
Thanks very much for reminding me that I shouldn't be here responding to ur blog but at home studying. Bye.
I need a reminder of this sometimes when tt seems so easy to let time (and life) pass by.
i love this poem.
Post a Comment