Here we go again...
¤¤¤
Irrelevent...
I happened to catch some entertainment news on NBC last night. J Lo celebrated her one year wedding anniversary with hubby Marc Anthony this week. At first glance, you're probably thinking, 'big deal, who cares!' But it is a significant deal. In this her 3rd marriage it is the first time she has made it to a year! Wow... yay... hmmm... ummm… you know what, you're right: BIG DEAL, WHO CARES???
¤¤¤
Interesting...
Did a little word search today; you read the complex version and then its 'translation':
Complex: I had to crawl to get under my abdominous cattle so that I could resume vaccimulgence. It was hot, and I struggled with my maschalephidrosis. The cow moved, crushing my hallux. At that moment, my paracoita left my side in response to the vagitus; with babies she is eellogofusciouhipoppokunurious.
Translation: I had to crawl to get under my big-bellied cattle so that I could resume cow milking. It was hot, and I struggled with my massive armpit sweating. The cow moved, crushing my big toe. At that moment, my female sexual partner left my side in response to the baby’s cry; with babies she is very good.
¤¤¤
Ironic...
Mr. Heffes (PSOJ member) condemns extortion.... he claims his family's decision to post Zekes bail last year using his wife's 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser was made because Zekes and his peeps are their long-time family friends. Whatever. It's great to know the Heffes are heading the charge against extortion by keeping extortionists behind bars.
¤¤¤
Hmmm...
Ever notice how the age of a rear end determines whether or not it is appropriate to be seen? I always laugh at these baby diaper ads and TV shows that unapologetically flaunt babies' posteriors. However, if I were to show my butt on national TV there would be public outcry (well, since it’s me maybe they won’t complain :-) ). This is what I want to know: what is the age limit for the 'acceptable' butt? At what point in a person's life does his rear end no longer become fit for viewing?
¤¤¤
Sad...
"Music is not what it used to be." Is that really true? The advent of hip-hop adds an illusion to the broad reality of music today. Yes it is popular, but lots of music is out there, and the words are controversial, meaningful, and even profound. I'm sure you agree. That being said, why is "when I get that feeling, I want sexual healing" any better than "wait 'til you see my d***, imma beat that p**** up"??? Same sentiment, different words... OK, maybe music has gone downhill.
Done talk. Bite away.
6 comments:
I'm happy for JLo....... you're right, I don't care.
I fail to postulate how you established occasion aforethoughting this piquancy.
No heffer jokes.
Once they no longer fit into pull-ups, their taut buttocks are no longer pleasant viewing.
Soca vs dancehall. Sophisticated vs. raw. That was the old story. All styles meld together due to globalisation. Very little of worth is produced anymore.
hmmm, good point on the butt thing.
with respect to the music, I'm sure when you hear the latter of your examples compared to the former the feelings are very very different. Apart from the fact that one is actual singing, the other just feels violent. Different words, very different sentiment - and down and down it goes.
Honestly, I dont subscribe to the notion that music has gone downhill, Music adapts and shapes itself to be palatable to those who listen. With the developement of more hardcore, Harsh music, that reflects one side of our collective nature, there are other genre's such as soul, R&B, Jazz and alternative, to name a few, that also express other aspects or nature. If anything, music has become more expressive, we may not like all that we hear, but remember its but a reflection of our society. The perfect example is the pregression of local music lately, in the mid Ninties it was "WAR" in the late 90's into early 2000 it has been "The girls dem", or "Do Di Dace" and of late more quality tracks have been released by the likes of Sizzla, Fenton Mojo (or whatever his name is), Wayne Wonder to name a ,few and they are getting alot of airplay, like it or not we as a society makes music what it is up or downhill.
Mark, I agree and I disagree. I agree that there are other genres of music out there, and there's still good stuff to listen to. I also agree that it is society that controls the climate of our music. That being said, if it means our intellect for music has gone down, so be it, but good music is drowned by crap these days. Being palatable is one thing, creating dances as a track plays is another thing. I hardly find 'Fly di kite', 'Brush yuh teet', 'duck di bullet' to be real music, especially when the whole song is devoted to that nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I listen to the crap, it does entertain, my in terms of its depth, well, there is none. And that says to me that the music has been diseased.
So maybe it's not so much that music is going downhill, just that the good stuff is being given a run for its money by the crap, and we are to blame.
P.S.: I believe it's Fantan Mojah. I could be wrong.
Gots to jump in here. Thrughout the years different forms of music music has been created to serve many purposes. Whether its to promote peace and "flower power", or to put a voice to the poor and oppressed, or to secretly communicate religion, ideas, etc between members of an ethnic group, or to make people forget about their current problems and for a couple minutes 'live in the vibe of the music'. Much like movies do, you have you fictional and non fictional, and good and bad of both. Serious movies like, say Malcolm X to make you think and learn, or senseless comedies like American Pie that make you laugh for 2 hours, even though its about crap. Same goes for mucic. Even though its crap, the 'signal the plane' and 'wash you draws' serves its purpose.
all music serves a purpose, but who's purpose?
Post a Comment